27 September 2011

Loving the wounded and the wounders


Week piles onto week in the Never Beyond series.
With each new poster, God exposes a bit more of the darkness in my heart.
I continue to pray as David prayed:

Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24 Amplified

I am not proud with what has been exposed in me; doubt, anger, fear.

This week, we look at people who lived lives in God's service.  It would take too long to list those that they wounded; young children, parents, the innocent;  believers who placed their trust in those they thought God had chosen to lead them, then found they could not trust in God Himself.

A defensive spirit rises up in me spewing ugly words, "how dare they misrepresent our loving Father?" as if the Lord needed me to defend Him.

As I wait, in stillness, convicted by my own judgements, I hear His voice.

I love the wounded.  I also love those that inflict the wounds.
There is no wound so deep that I cannot heal.
There is no inflicter of wounds too far from the reach of My grace.
Go and live likewise.

Joining with others at People of the Second Chance, learning to walk in outrageous grace.

1 comment:

Mystic_Mom said...

Ah yes...thank you for this. The wounded and those who do the wounding.