09 February 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Love Letter

My well worn NIV Quest Study Bible opened today to Jeremiah as if God was waiting to show me just how much He loves me.

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3 NIV

As I was soaking in His words with joy and thanksgiving, my heart was filled with the revelation that each word, every page, is part of a bigger whole.

From

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1 NIV

through

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. Revelation 22:21 NIV

our loving Father has written a love letter to each of us. It is a gift from His heart to ours, direct from His Spirit to fill our spirits. It is meant to be read and read again, cherished and pondered. I have a shelf filled with His letter in various translations so that I can hear Him speak in new ways.


It becomes easier to trust the words when we grow closer to the One Who wrote them, and we grow closer to Him by reading His words. Today I am unwrapping the marvelous truth of that eternal circle.



Join Emily at Chatting at the Sky to share what you're unwrapping today


6 comments:

Marsha said...

Oh to be a sponge and take it all in and hold it in until someone needs some and then squeeze some on them.

Question: How do you get your labels to look like that? Is that a special app?

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Don't you just love it when you find that perfect verse for the day?

Corinne Cunningham said...

This leaves me nodding my head, reaching for my Bible... thank you.

dawn said...

YES. YES. YES.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

What an encouraging word. I love that scripture. Thank you for the beautiful reminder. Makes me want to go read the Bible.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Beautiful. I haven't read much in Jerimiah -- I'm thinking I need to do that now!

And thank you for referring me to your prayer series on Saturdays -- I need that, too!