05 February 2014

when I ask

when I am silent and still
when I open myself enough to ask
He speaks
He does not leave me starving for His Word
I open my journal, reminded of my place
and His

In the storms and in the calm spaces
I Am
do not forget your need of Me
When you are tossed, rattled, you cry out
knowing where salvation waits
but like the Israelites
when the sailing is smooth and straight
you again begin to trust your own abilities

You are what you are
you are how you are
you are who you are
because I Am

I hold the wind, the sun, the stars
all things in My hand
the planets turn at My design
How much more do I care for you
created in My image, for My company 
and pleasure?

Just as day follows night follows day
My ways are structured and sure.
When you can not see the pattern
you must still trust it is there



broken but beloved with Emily




and jamming with Bonnie




 

9 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Dolly@Soulstops said...

Karin,
Love this...such comforting truth :)

elizabeth said...

I'm your neighbor this week at Emily's. I always love coming here.

Lisa notes... said...

Your words always reach me. As do His.
"He does not leave me starving for His Word"

And thank you for these:
"You are what you are
you are how you are
you are who you are
because I Am"

Trudy said...

This is so beautiful, Karin. It touched a deep part of me. This line is especially comforting to me right now - "When you can not see the pattern, you must still trust it is there." Thank you!

Nancy said...

"Do not forget your need of Me."

This. This is what I need to hear over and over. Thank you, Karin.

Debbie said...

So beautiful!

Jennifer Wagner said...

Yes...beautifully composed. Reads like a psalm to encourage the soul.

Scarlet said...

Thank you for the lovely reminder ~ I specially like this:

I hold the wind, the sun, the stars all things in My hand the planets turn at My design

Grace