12 April 2011

I Am the wind

The large, long wind chimes that hang from the eaves on the South side of the house have been ringing and moaning loud and low since Sunday evening.  The wind has been steady and strong.  I felt I was to read Romans 8, then I sensed God had something to say about the wind this morning, so I opened my ears and my journal:

Just as the winds have been blowing fierce across your land, do I, by My Spirit, blow across your lives, clearing away the old to prepare the way for the new.

When the gusts are so strong that you feel you will be swept away if you don't hold on to something - remember - all that is created by man is subject to fall, burn, fly away in the wind - so hold on to Me and Me alone.

Yes, this is the threshing floor, little one.  This is the Potter's wheel.  This is the Refiner's fire.

There is more pain in struggle than in surrender.

Trust that I know what I Am creating.

That's why I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. Romans 8:18 The Message

It will be for My glory.

An interesting note:

When I had completed my journaling and quiet time, I logged in to the internet, as usual.  I can't count how many references to Romans 8 I encountered in my first few minutes online.  I love when He confirms His Word.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! I also feel that wind and His faithfulness in it.

Lisa notes... said...

I love when I get confirmation like that also. One day I kept seeing Habakkuk everywhere I looked. Habakkuk? I knew it had to be God. :-)

"There is more pain in struggle than in surrender."
I need to imprint that on my brain...