19 June 2010

Lazy Summer Ramble

This is an Aedes albopictus female mosquito ob...Image via Wikipedia

My thoughts are scattered, I submit them to the Lord
I praise Him for this day as the sun burns its way through the clouds
just as I have praised Him through the rains that yet threaten to continue
But He is God, in all things, of all things, through all things.

All things.. yes, that must include the mosquitos
inescapable in this the wettest season we've seen in years
seeming as large as the hummingbirds that hover
fighting for spots around the feeders we provide
I must coat myself in repellents or choose the safety of the indoors
where I watch as they seem to taunt me from the window screens
but.. He is God.. of all things, yes,
even when, particularly when, I cannot comprehend His reasoning.

Okay Lord, I'm not complaining, really,
it's not me You hear, it's the whine of the dreaded insect
as I slap it dead against my bare skin, awaiting the welt that will rise,
repeating to myself, "this is a test, this is only a test...."

At last, I have thought of one benefit of the noxious pests..
they make me forget about the wood ticks.

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. [For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.] To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it). Romans 11:36 Amplified

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Duane Scott said...

This reminds me of all the times I swatted away swarms of mosquitoes in boundary waters.