26 December 2009

The Day After Christmas

It's the day after Christmas. I woke this morning with a vague sense of heaviness that I knew was not my own. In the stillness of the morning I asked the Lord what it might be that I was feeling.

"You are feeling the sadness, the let-down, the weariness and depression that has come upon my lost ones" I sensed Him reply.

So I find myself praying for all those who shopped and wrapped and decorated and celebrated a holiday, but not the reason for it. After all of their preparations and expectations, today dawned. There is nothing left to do but make trips to stores to exchange and return gifts. Nothing ahead but the cleaning up and storing away of the sparkle and glitter that had no substance at all.

"While I allow you to feel their sense of loss and emptiness, little one, you do not live there, for you are Mine, and I have planted a seed of hope in you that continues to grow. You know what you know. So as you intercede, take heart in the victory of My overcoming."

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:15 NIV

For those of us called by His name comes an understanding that Christmas day is never an ending, but merely a glorious beginning.