02 September 2009

Word Filled Wednesday September 2 - Thistle Seeds


"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."

This is a picture of a Canadian thistle gone to seed. The wind will carry these tiny seeds, scattering them, multiplying thousands of times the plants we struggled with this year. Such it is with sin in our lives; what seems like no trouble at first quickly grows out of control.

I pray Lord God that in like manner my life would produce an abundance of good seed, each producing 30, 60, 100 fold and as I submit my life to You the bad seeds would cease to yield their harvest.

Join us this week at PennyRaine for more Word Filled Wednesday

4 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

Well said.

I have a giveaway at theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar – ends Friday at 10 pm

SnoWhite said...

Amen! I'm praying that God makes me good soil so that I can produce the fruit He desires.

Anonymous said...

So true and I too am praying that I remember He is the vine and I cannot produce anything without Him. A great compliment to the verse I chose this week. :)

Denise said...

Beautiful WFW.