11 September 2009

Made for each other

Harvest time continues on in our garden. Corn is ripening. Cucumbers are still producing new fruits. Rick has been digging up potatos and sorting them for cold storage. Yesterday was a day for processing carrots for the freezer. As I was washing a sinkful, I came across an unusual pair.

I pondered a bit about how strangely things can grow. The smaller little curled up carrot looked so odd on its own. I imagined that other carrots might laugh at it, or call it names.

"Hey, what's up with you little curli-cue?"

How many of us have wandered through this life not sure why God created us in the particular way He did? How many of us have felt isolated in our "uniqueness"? It can be so hard to see God's hand at work and continue to walk in faith knowing that He indeed has His reasons and a perfect plan.

"But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." Psalm 33:11 NIV

We grow impatient, unable to see the larger picture the way our Father sees it. One day, however, things begin to unfold. We feel foolish as we stand amazed at the perfection of His plans. Suddenly we can see why we are as we are. Every curve, every bump that seemed like a defect had a reason. When He formed us, He knew.

I reflect upon the days and nights I prayed for God's perfect match for me, afraid that He had made me so strange that I would never find my "fit". Rick has his own different bend to him as well. Placed together, bonded as one, we create something more than we ever could be apart.

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" Genesis 2:24 Amplified

Today I choose to rest in the knowledge that our mighty God sees all things, knows all things and holds us in His loving arms.

"I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." Deuteronomy 32:3-4

1 comment:

Rachel R. said...

Wow! That is so neat; thank you for sharing! (Am I the only one who read this post and thought "MFEO," like in Sleepless in Seattle? lol)