25 September 2009

His peace

A white dove with an olive branch

This is a week devoted to serving my mother in whatever way she needs, making sure she eats nourishing foods, drinks lots of liquids, takes her medications and rests. She is stubborn and proud and does not receive help well. The very air around her is saturated with a spirit of heaviness. When I go to the care home to visit my father the heaviness is combined with spirits of confusion and discord.

In the middle of all this I am trying to find little spaces of time to rest at the feet of my Savior. I have been cherishing time in the shower, or alone at the supermarket, or here in the care home library. In those moments I am able to find the peace that Jesus promised us, the peace that only those who give their lives to Him understand.

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] John 14:27 Amplified
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I'm enjoying getting to know you through your blog. We have much in common.