15 February 2013

Feeling His heartbeat

When I first met the Lord and surrendered my life into His hands I was overjoyed.  He loved me enough to give His life for me.  This was good news, good news indeed!  So began a honeymoon season with my new King.  It was a time of celebrating and thanking Him for all He had done for me and looking forward to the life He had waiting for me.

Are you noticing a theme here?  My relationship with God was all about me.  When the honeymoon ended I was able to move into a time of wanting to know Jesus for Who He Is and not only what He could do for me.  I prayed that I would feel His heartbeat.  It was a prayer He was more than willing to answer.

The following scriptures came alive, piercing through my selfish spirit.

Then the King will say, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:40 The Message

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you James 1:27 NLT

The Voice, a song by Lianna Klassen combined Isaiah's words:

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”  Isaiah 6:8 NIV

with words spoken by missionary in Ecuador Jim Elliot:

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose 

The melody echoed in my mind and the words quaked in my heart. The Lord had indeed listened to my prayer and continued to answer.  I had the following dream that I recorded in my journal:

The Lord, my Lord said “Walk with Me. Walk with Me” 
and I said “but Lord I’m tired” 
and He kept calling “walk with Me” 
“But I’m tired Lord” 
“Walk with Me – I’ll take your burden. My yoke is easy, My burden is light” 
and so we walked – through sewers - and starving people were everywhere and forever 
 but He said all they needed was to know Him 
He was there for them, He died for them. They only need to know Him. 
“Walk with me”

I was broken, yet somehow felt more whole than ever before.  The blood that was shed for me flows through my veins.  This life is not about me, but about what He might do through me to touch others.



We chose Compassion as a sponsorship program because of their focus on not only providing help, but doing all in the name of Jesus!  I ask that you would take some time to inquire of the Lord, ask Him in what ways He may be calling you to get involved as His hands and feet in this world.

 

1 comment:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

I am really glad that I am taking some time to visit posts from Compassion's blog hop!

I loved reading your post! :)