05 May 2009

My Ten Things for Tuesday May 5th

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

It has been far too long since I have a written a "10 Things for Tuesday" post, and I'm happy to be back, anxious to enter my Lord's gates with thanksgiving and praise!

  1. I'm thankful that Xbox Wife has found some time to be back online with us. We've missed you Jill!
  2. I'm thankful that the possibilities of snow are diminishing with each passing day. Yes, it can and has still snowed here in the Manitoba Parklands as late as June!
  3. I'm thankful for the movie Fireproof and how churches are using it as an effective outreach tool.
  4. I am thankful that Rick and I have made a choice (before trouble ever comes) to fight for our marriage, believing that there is no plan B.
  5. I am thankful that God is for us! "What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31
  6. I am thankful that when Rick went out to check the lawn mowers Sunday afternoon both of them started with no problem.
  7. I am thankful that I should be able to start the endless cycle of grass cutting this week. Though it often seems like a thankless job I find that I am able to spend quality time with my Lord as I circle the yard again and again and again and no one else can hear me singing as my voice is covered by the sound of the lawn tractor motor!
  8. I would like to say that I'm thankful for wood ticks, but after seeing my first of the season this morning I am feeling itchy and crawly. From the time the snow melts until mid-summer we have these nagging pests wandering through the grass. I AM however thankful for the Preventic spray we can drench Faith in to keep her protected.
  9. I am thankful for the garlic that is already up in the garden, and for all the peas Rick was able to plant yesterday. More seeds will go in the ground this evening. Thank God for days that grow increasingly longer giving Rick more time to accomplish his planting after work.
  10. I am thankful that though I do not have a clue what's around the next corner, God does!
    "I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Jeremiah 29:11

What are you thankful for this week? Join Mrs. Brownstone at Xbox Wife and share your chorus of thanksigving.

No comments: