28 May 2009

A clear sign

A significant part of the Global Day of Prayer vision is 10 days of focused and united prayer leading up to the one day when the whole world gathers. We have been enjoying great blessings for the Lord has been faithful to join with us by His Spirit each evening as we meet to pray.

"O you who bring good tidings to Zion, get up to the high mountain. O you who bring good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with strength, lift it up, be not afraid; say to the cities of Judah, Behold your God!" Isaiah 40:9

This word of God commands us to go to the “high places” and proclaim the name of our Lord - - so last night we went as a group to our National Park to pray on the tower that is the highest point in this part of our region.

We have been talking about making the trip Saturday evening to pray in like manner at Baldy Mountain, the highest point in Manitoba. Baldy is in a provincial park called “The Duck Mountains” commonly referred to as “The Ducks”

Being blessed to live out in the country on lots of land affords us opportunity to see a variety of creatures passing through, but this is the first time we have seen these sitting in our yard. Those who know me understand that I delight in God’s way of speaking to us in prophetic signs and pictures, and what Rick caught on film this morning shouts out a loud confirmation to our plans.














Yes, Lord, I hear You. Yes, Lord, we will answer Your call!

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Wow, oh Wow!!

I love this!!

I was sitting outside one nice morning before work, praying. Just sitting there, contemplating with My Father about what is going on in my life and the life of my children.

A tiny little bird hopped from a tree onto my patio table and just sat there--unafraid--just sat there and we looked at each other for several seconds.

And God said to me, "I take care of this little bird. Do you see the little bird. It is mine just as you are--not one hair will I let him destroy."

Beth