14 April 2009

Warm and warmer

There is little snow left in the fields around our home, and with the temperature not expected to dip below freezing overnight I expect the world will look different yet again tomorrow morning.

It was lovely to walk about the yard this afternoon in just a sweater and to sit on the deck with the dog letting the sun seep into my winter weary bones. I am reminded of the following passage:

"My beloved spoke, and said to me: "Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away!"" Song of Solomon 2:10-13




Create a cool, new character for your Windows Live™ Messenger. Check it out

2 comments:

sailorcross said...

Winter is almost over!! We're just starting to bud here, but the temps are dipping low at night. And rain, rain, rain!!

Spring is almost here for you--hang in there!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful image. It is a similar feeling when the warmth of His presence fills our body and soul when we've been too much in the "chilly" world.

Rachel
Stirring The Deep