03 March 2019

peace path


rough and rutted, tires rumbling
this noisy road carries us
to a place of peace
a house that is already home
however temporary


May I live to make Paul's words truth --

Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, 
for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point 
where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am. 
I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, 
and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. 
I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare 
or going without and being in want. 
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me 
[I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him 
Who infuses inner strength into me;
 I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

No comments: