30 June 2016

sifting again

two years ago
we were sifting, sorting
tossing and donating 
pieces of our North American lives
preparing for our African journey
boxes of what we wanted to keep
stacked neatly in a basement room
of our once forever home

there is only one
forever
and it is not now
and it is not here

this house will be marketed
sold and left behind
as we return again
to Africa

today, the things
in those "save" boxes
are being sifted, sorted
tossed and donated
tears falling
as more pieces of our old lives
are stripped away

I stand here bare
trembling
as I wait for new skin

But forget all that—
    it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
 For I am about to do something new.
    See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
    I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
 

2 comments:

diana said...

Wow, Karin. That is a sea change in your status! MANY BLESSINGS as you move into full-time commitment.

Lorretta at Dancing on the Dash said...

Go in peace! You encourage me as my husband and I have tried to "leave" 4 times and so far have not been able to firm up the call to a place. I'm encouraged because I know there's still time and it won't be easy, but it WILL be good. Blessings!