07 December 2015

inside out

we have shifted
to another new home
in Zambia, here
a view from our dining room
to the enclosed veranda
where we are bringing the inside out
or the outside in
which seems only fitting
for our life these days
driving on the wrong side of the road
summer steaming rain instead snow
dawn rising when back home friends ready for sleep
just a shadow of the Kingdom
where last will be first
giving to gain, dying to live
ever a bit of a bumpy ride
but eyes fixed on Him

Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on [a]so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14 Amplified


 

No comments: