21 February 2009

Saturday morning

"Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you." Isaiah 60:1-2


I stood at the window early, drinking my first cup of coffee, watching the effects of the sun as God began to light another sparkling day on our snow crusted prairie land. I found myself awestruck as He revealed His majesty.
The same God that lights the skies afresh each morning also painted each feather of the jay that stopped in the yard just long enough for me to catch a picture. He is a God of enormity and vastness, yet also a God of detail.


I thank You, Lord God for the evidence of Your creative power that surrounds me. Everywhere I turn, I see the work of Your hands. May words of praise and wonder be ever on my lips.
Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!" 1 Chronicles 16:31

No comments: