02 January 2016

Word for 2016

As is my habit, I ended the old and began the new year seeking a personal word 
of direction and focus from the Lord for 2016.  
I waited. And I waited. 
By late afternoon yesterday, the word simply emerged --

CLARITY

The Oxford English Dictionary defines:

1.1 - The quality of being coherent and intelligible
for the sake of clarity, each of these strategies is dealt with separately

1.2 - The quality of being easy to see or hear; sharpness of image or sound
the clarity of the picture

1.3 - The quality of being certain or definite
it was clarity of purpose that he needed

1.4 - The quality of transparency or purity
the crystal clarity of water

It seems that the Lord referred to all the variations of the word 
when He shared with me this morning:

There is much noise and distraction surrounding you
not all of it is bad or evil
yet still can draw you off course
Yes, you need to see and hear with precision
In the days to come
I will sharpen your focus
even place blinders upon you
so that you see only that which I desire

Do not concern yourself
with things I have not called you to
Do not allow the enemy to pervert 
the curious nature I gifted to you
to explore that which you do not need to know
While the world stirs and muddies your view
return to Me
in stillness and calm 
the waters settle
and vision returns

Not only will you live with clarity
but I am confirming and reinforcing
my desire for you to walk in clarity
fully transparent
to Me, to yourself
to those to whom I will send you
no guile
no façades
no masks
as they see right through you
I will appear
and shine

Thus says the Lord God, “When I gather the house of Israel from the nations among whom they are scattered, and I manifest my Holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob. 26 They shall live in it securely; and they will build houses, plant vineyards and live securely when I execute judgment on all those around them who despise them. Then they will know [with clarity and confidence] that I am the Lord their God.” Ezekiel 28:25-26 Amplified

And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will, [and to progressively understand His plan with clarity and power] and to see the Righteous One [Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and to hear a message from His [own] mouth. 15 For you will be His witness to all men testifying of what you have seen and heard. Acts 22:14-15 Amplified

 

3 comments:

Nancy Hamilton Sturm said...

You definitely achieved clarity on this post! Thank you for clear words that illuminate. As I contemplate this new year, your words will help me in finding my clarity. Thank you!

Jill Foley said...

What a great word...when I read the last definition I couldn't help but think of all those who lack clean water,

Praying God grows you through this word in 2016!

Jason Stasyszen said...

Wonderful word, Karin. Blessings to you and I hope all is well!