Paul taught us "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:18, so in the midst of a nagging illness I present my list of gratitude.
- Today I am thankful for cough drops that give me momentary periods of relief
- Today I am thankful for a reliable furnace and electricity to keep my home warm
- Today I am thankful for a husband who starts my vehicle in the morning and cleans the snow and ice off the windshield. I guess Rick is my own sort of remote-start!
- Today I am thankful again to live in a rural area where the fresh fallen snow stays clean and white
- Today I am thankful that my parents have lived to see their 61st wedding anniversary. What wonderful role models of making a marriage work.
- Today I am thankful for Christmas lights shining brightly in the darkness, reminding me of the One true Light and His call on us to shine as well
- Today I am thankful that God blesses obedience as I responded to His call to resign from my job, in faith, not knowing what lies ahead, but throwing myself into His hands
- Today I am thankful for the sense of relief and peace that flooded me as soon as I emailed in that letter of resignation this morning.
- Today I am thankful that God promises in His Word "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11
- Today I am thankful for love, His abundant, extravagant love.
What are you thnakful for? Join Jill at Xbox Wife and share your 10 things.